In Lyon County, Iowa, the total number of workers for all sectors has increased by 336 total jobs from 2005 to 2010.
Of the 43 industries (4-digit NAICS) with sufficient data reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in each year, 26 described an expansion of jobs throughout the time period, while 15 industries reported a drop in employment.
Of the industries (4-digit NAICS) in the area, the depository credit intermediation industry has accounted the most employment growth with a total of 103 new jobs created in the period. The job growth in depository credit intermediation makes up 19.7% percent of the total employment growth in Lyon County, Iowa between 2005 and 2010.
Top 5 Growing Industries
1. Depository credit intermediation (+103)
2. Newspaper, book, and directory publishers (+91)
3. Cattle ranching and farming (+47)
4. Executive, legislative and general government (+29)
5. Commercial machinery repair and maintenance (+26)
Given the industries in the area, the motor vehicle body and trailer manufacturing industry witnessed the largest drop in employment, losing a total of 59 jobs. The declines in motor vehicle body and trailer manufacturing make up 25.1% percent of the total employment decline in Lyon County, Iowa for the years between 2005 and 2010.
Top 5 Declining Industries
1. Motor vehicle body and trailer manufacturing (-59)
2. Building material and supplies dealers (-50)
3. Insurance agencies and brokerages (-31)
4. Fullservice restaurants (-17)
5. Residential building construction (-16)
Datasource: U.S. Department of Labor. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW).